Thursday, April 10, 2008

fluff and fold baby



So, if you read the last blog entry Rob posted you know that our new house has posed a challenge or two. One of which is the fact that we do not have use of the washer and dryer. Yes, four dirty people and no laundry in the house. So far I've made two trips to the laundromat. I've learned several things from these jaunts. One: That I no longer have my laundromat juju. I do not have the whole system wired as I did in graduate school and look like a total tool doing laundry in a public place. I stuff as much as I can in the washer (sort, shmort, I've no time for such nonsense - I have seven loads to do), and stuff in the quarters. All the while trying to keep Jack from eating anything ooky off the floor and keeping Audrey from talking to random strangers. I don't have hangers, don't take the time to fold anything post dryer, and generally am unprepared. Two: I am really lucky that I don't have to do laundry for my family of four at the local fluff and fold joint each and every week on a regular basis. I would even say blessed. Three: Laundromats have become very expensive! 2.50 for a wash load (mind you I stuffed quite a bit in this massive front loader) and about 1.50 to 2.00 dollars for the dryer. Yikes!

I'm hoping that the second plumber tomorrow can fix the blockage in the return pipe from the washer and that the actual washer works once I try it. This could mean that today's trip would be the last for a while. Here's hopin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When all the repairs are complete I suggest you and Rob sit down with a few glasses of wine and watch Money Pit together.
It will do you good.

Sarah said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I LOATHE the laundromat. I had to take Josh's sleeping bag there and wash it several times to get the elk urine stink out of it. I'm sure there's a little pee still in there.

Susie Q said...

Sarah C., correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Josh spray the elk urine on himself?
Hunting, and all it's glory, I will never really get it.
Oh and sorry about the laundry woes, Sarah T. I loathe laundry in general.